1. What does holistic mean?
“The term ‘holistic’ is derived from the Greek word, holos, meaning whole, and holistic therapies…are based on the idea that health is the result of harmony between the body, mind and spirit. Stresses of any kind, be they physical, psychological, social or environmental, can upset this balance and cause ‘dis-ease’.”
2. What happens during a massage?
You and your therapist will complete a consultation form so that any possible contraindications are noted and addressed and so that your massage can be customised to what your needs are on the day of your treatment. You will be fully covered during the course of your massage aside from the area your therapist is currently working on. Your comfort and overall experience is greatly important.
3. What is a contra-indication and why couldn’t I have a massage?
A contraindication is a condition that would restrict or prevent massage therapy such as being currently treated for blood clots, cardiovascular conditions, recent surgery, diabetes with complications to name a few. We would request that you receive written consent from your GP or specialist for massage prior to the session for some contraindications. It is important to let your therapist know if you are under a doctor’s care and what medications you are taking, if any. We can discuss this further with you if you have any questions.
* “Perfect pedicure from Jenny – in and out on my lunch break, feet transformed!” – Libby
*Nautilus Dublin was named as one of the Irish Times 2016 100 Best Shops in Ireland making the shortlist in the Best Salon category. “Float home after a massage from this tiny select salon.” *Review by lifestyle & beauty blogger, Kelley of The Glam Girly on her reflexology experience at Nautilus, “Reflexology for the Soul” – “From the minute I stepped through the door it was as if I had been transported to another world. There seemed to be this intrinsic calmness about the place that made me feel like it was a haven from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. It was the most relaxing 25 minutes I have ever experienced in my life. After the session I felt so at peace and calm, and I felt very balanced in myself, like any worries or stresses I had felt had dissipated.”
*Irish Women in Business feature on Her.ie, “With awareness of wellbeing and mindfulness on a daily rise amongst a generation of young Irish women, would you consider holistic therapies to tackle your mind and body concerns? We speak with Jenny Faison and Sarah Wilson about going after what you want, the challenges in taking a leap of faith and treating the body, mind and spirit at the same time.” For the full article, please visit: bit.ly/1GEKj65
* Review by lifestyle & beauty blogger, Samantha O’Flanagan of All The Buzz, “Last weekend I headed to the newly-opened Nautilus Beauty & Holistic Therapies Centre for an aromatherapy massage – this place is just stunning, such a warm atmosphere, gorgeous therapists and amazing treatment xx” Full review here: http://allthebuzz.co.uk/nautilus-dublin
* “On my first visit to Nautilus I found exactly what I’ve been looking for a peaceful Oasis just minutes from my home. I was delighted to find what I had previously only found in spa hotels such as Lyrath & Monart, a centre of well being where I would have the chance to relax and have some ME time.” – Elaine
* “Love Nautilus ♡ Gorgeous calming space & aromatherapy massage with Jenny will make you feel like a new person. Brilliant courses too” – Saidhbh
* “I’ve been suffering with TMJ (Jaw pain) for the last 6 months. I’ve been to numerous doctors and “specialist” who were unable to help me at all. Jenny has put my TMJ at ease and reduced all pain from the jaw (including my headaches) I would highly recommend Nautilus beauty for anyone in my position or even just for a relaxing massage as Jenny is fantastic and really looks after and cares about her clients.” – Ellen
* “Such a gem of a place, I can’t wait to go again. The moment I stepped into the room I felt relaxed and welcomed . My pedicure was perfect and the reflexology so soothing. Thanks a million!” – Helen
* “What a beautiful massage and facial I experienced today with Jenny. I feel like heaven and smell divine. Thank you for helping me to destress and unwind in lovely surroundings. Jenny has a wonderful touch and made me feel safe and secure and relaxed.” – Susan
* “Fabulous experience at Nautilus Beauty & Holistic Therapies Centre Aromatherapy massage and deluxe pedicure….heaven” – Jenny
* Some baby massage class feedback, “*really liked the “small group, intimate atmosphere, perfect for the class” / “baby massage has been really beneficial for me & my baby, I will definitely recommend it to other mothers” / class was held in a “very relaxing, comfortable environment” / “”I just gave ‘S’ a little massage and he’s snoozing in his cot. ” / “I’m really enjoying the baby massage!! ‘A’ is just so chilled for the whole rest of the day.”
*”An oasis of tranquility in our busy lives! I highly recommend the treatments and top notch professional service that Jenny provides.” – Ali
* “Highlight of my bank holiday weekend? Without a doubt, the aromatherapy massage I had @NautilusDublin – highly recommended!” – Rosemary
* “…You have created a little heaven in Fairview …. I think I am going to have to make this a monthly event! I am so glad you guys have moved into the neighbourhood! XX” – Hannah